There are several reasons that motivates an individual to shed those extra kilos from the body. Some common reasons to get in shape are to achieve a healthier body and enhance one’s physical appearance. While most of us are initially very enthusiastic about losing weight, the self motivation decreases with every passing day. Self motivation and weight loss are inextricable. Without some healthy and occasional dose of self motivation, it’s difficult to keep yourself on track and monitor your growth and progress.
Man is an amazing creature and if he decides, he can make a world of difference in his own life. How? Just by adopting positive thinking and an optimistic outlook towards life. Develop and keep your self motivation unwavering by following some simple tips mentioned further.
After your weight has become a concern for you, you’re ready to do something for it, before you turn diabetic or your family doctor warns you of some severe complications. Or may be you wish to lose some weight to look better, wear your favorite outfits and get the body you desire. Mind you, there are various reasons for you to lose weight. But all these reasons become extinct and your motivation drops once the weight loss regime starts. Reason? You forget why you want to lose weight. You need to ask yourself some questions about why you really want to lose your weight. Ingrain in your mind that you’ve got to lose weight for yourself, most importantly. Remember, ‘why’ is the foundation stone of your motivation. Be crystal clear about your goal for losing weight and you’ll never feel deviated from the path.
Thou Shall Muster Courage
Enough of talking and thinking about healthy weight loss. Now, it’s the time to be in the battle and face the demons of laziness, discomfort and boredom. Muster all your courage and get connected to the determination that has been lying dormant in the heart. Yeah, it has been there. You must have always heard that small voice within you motivating you to lose weight. Create a game plan. It’s apt to join a gym as that will make you disciplined in the initial months. Make a journal and note all the important achievements, start dates, end dates for your workouts. Keep a note of what you’re eating, drinking and exercises you’re following. Being brutally honest and disciplined is difficult but it works wonders. I saw a magical result in the weight loss programs of one of my friends after she started noting everything about her weight loss experience and monitored her growth closely.
Self motivation for weight loss is more successful if you give some flexibility to your schedule. This means you can switch over to less strenuous activities on some day if you don’t feel like doing it or if you don’t have sufficient time at your disposal. Be flexible. Use the stairs instead of lifts to reach to your office floor, in case you missed some of your workouts for the day. This helps you to be focused around your objective. In case you miss a workout some day, try some relaxation and breathing exercises of Yoga and meditation. Hundreds of thousands of people have been able to benefit by Yoga.
Thou Shall Love Commitment
Your decision to lose weight is something that has stemmed from the bottom of your heart. Right? Then give your heart to it. There will be moments of isolation from your objective but don’t lose hope. Develop self-confidence to lose weight and gradually you’ll win over your limitations. Write your goals on footnotes and paste them on your toothbrush mirror, study desk, wardrobe, etc. Keep a reminder in your mobile phone and let it beep once everyday. Your subconscious will automatically direct your energies towards your objective.
So, aren’t you motivated to lose weight? I guess, you’re. So, let us summarize our discussion to again remind you of several pointers that you must not forget in your journey to lose weight. These tips and tricks must be on your fingertips so that you can ease out in this quest, without losing sleep over all the hyped weight loss regimes. So, here we go.
- Remember the ‘why’ behind your desire to lose weight as it acts an impetus to keep you motivated. While the goal of achieving a slimmer body is always the first priority of many people, try focusing on some intangible benefits like a healthier body. Living longer without diseases is a natural desire in human beings and that will propel you to give that extra effort to succeed in your endeavor.
- Don’t isolate from close friends and family members. Seek help and talk to them to support you in this mission, which may at times appear to be frustrating. Remember, the motivation levels are always high when your family and friends help you to ease the stress.
- Stress is the number one spoiler of all your efforts. Priorities at workplace and at home may interfere with your weight loss schedule inducing stress. Patience is necessary in these situations. Don’t let stress affect you to an extent where your weight loss efforts go waste.
- It is best to train under the guidance of a personal trainer who can help you in the entire process. It is beneficial to seek professional help because a trainer keeps you motivated and monitors your progress effectively.
- Keep in touch with your goals, values and progress by recording them in a personal diary. You can even start a blog dedicated to your weight loss regime. You can connect to several like-minded groups and can stay motivated by learning from others’ experiences.
- On the Internet, there are several sources from where you can learn and know more about people who have had successful weight loss experiences. Try to understand there views and adopt those that favor you. If you read about weight loss, there are hundreds of thousands of websites but you should focus upon very few, that you find useful.
- Celebrate your victories even if they’re small by rewarding yourself gifts.
- If you cheated on your exercise or diet regime, don’t let it demotivate you. Get back to your schedule with more determination.
Once you have generated sufficient self motivation, you’ll be able to win all odds in your way for your weight loss plans. But during all this endeavor, there will be frequent episodes of procrastination which you have to face bravely, reminding yourself about the mission again and again. So, relax now. Take a deep breath. And, get ready to lose weight without worrying about it. All the best!