1. This guy who made a really good point about context.
They need to throw one regular person in the olympic swimming pool lanes for context
— Eric Hutchinson (@EricHutchinson) August 6, 2016
2.This dude who feels so useless at the Olympics.
Worlds most useless job, Olympic Swimmer Lifeguard…;…; pic.twitter.com/oxdDwR2KQ6
— what (@chanelpuke) August 8, 2016
3. This over-enthusiastic reaction.
ME WATCHING OLYMPIC EVENT: “Holy shit that was amazing!”
COMMENTATOR: “Ooh, that was not good at all. He must really be upset with himself.”
— rob delaney (@robdelaney) July 31, 2012
4. This woman who wouldn’t have had a clue about the Olympics if not for the commentator.
Thank goodness the commenter pointed out that the athletes came to the Olympics to win. Cleared up a lot of confusion for me.
— CatherineLMK (@CatherineLMK) August 8, 2016
5. This misunderstanding about torch tradition.
if the olympics had better organisational skills the torch would already be lit and they wouldn’t need to run it in at the last minute.
— Colley (@JamColley) August 8, 2016
6. This sad comparison of Olympian and son.
A 41 year old gymnast is competing in her 7th Olympics. I just texted my son and offered him $5 to come downstairs and hand me the remote.
— Nice Eric (@ericsshadow) August 8, 2016
7. And this depressing reality about watching the Olympics from home.
The Olympics is brilliant, you watch physically glorious humans whilst sat on your sofa, covered in crisps, screaming GO ON BE BETTER
— TechnicallyRon (@TechnicallyRon) August 6, 2016
8. This attempt at an Olympian physique.
Me: I wanna be in the olympics!!!
Trainer: Okay do 5 push-ups
Trainer: do ONE push-up?
— Caro (@socarolinesays) August 8, 2016
9. This girl, who like most spectators, turn into sports experts every time the Olympics are on.
me: clueless about gymnastics
me watchin the olympics: devastating double tuck, she simply cannot afford to make these errors. 12.25 at best
— zzz (@miskeencore) August 7, 2016
10. This guy who’s just in it for the gold.
These people win golds & then continue competing in other events? If I won one medal I’d be like “I’m sitting out the rest of this shit.”
— Kumail Nanjiani (@kumailn) August 9, 2016
11. Ping-pong at an Olympic level? Okay…;
watching Olympic PingPong and the guy’s faces all have the same dull look that says, “Its too late for me to be this good at something else”
— shut up, mike (@shutupmikeginn) August 7, 2016
12. This comedian who made a fair point about Olympic sports.
Olympics has started. Time to get really into a sport I’d forgotten even existed.
— Jack Whitehall (@jackwhitehall) August 6, 2016
13. Participation trophies all around!
I’m guessing 20 years from now, there will be no more medals at the Olympics and everyone will get a gold star so no one has hurt feelings.
— Joel Jeffrey (@joeljeffrey) August 7, 2016
14. This person who’s really concerned about the horses.
In the horse stuff in the Olympics, do the horses get medals? They should get big medals on massive ribbons that go round their necks.
— (((Huw))) (@ed_son) August 7, 2016
15. And this guy who just had to bring down a perfectly good party.
Want to feel old?
The youngest Olympian in Rio was born in 2002.
— Andrew Siciliano (@AndrewSiciliano) August 3, 2016
16. Basically everyone watching the swimming competitions at the Olympics.
Watching the olympics like…; pic.twitter.com/qpWpNfIIhV
— SwimWithIssues (@SwimWithIssues) August 8, 2016
17. This guy who really doesn’t like getting splashed.
Losing in swimming would be awful. Not only do you lose but you get splashed by the winner. Getting splashed sucks even when you’re happy.
— chaps (@UncleChaps) August 9, 2016
18. When there are 16-year-olds competing in the Olympics and you’re…; you.
there are 16 year olds competing at the olympics & i still push on pull doors & struggle getting through the whole day without a nap lol
— z (@zxxchh) August 7, 2016
19. “He’s never going to recover from that flip. No way.”
My favorite thing about the Olympics is the expertise everyone suddenly has for diving.
“Oh no…; That was too much splash.”
— Sachin Sahel (@Mr_Sacho) August 7, 2016
20. Petition to start calling Olympians “obsessed nerds who just practice all day!”
I love when Olympics announcers create “bad boy” back stories for athletes like theyre not all obsessed nerds who just practice all day
— Erin Gloria Ryan (@morninggloria) August 7, 2016
21. This guy whose Olympic dreams just weren’t coming true.
I couldn’t be an Olympic diver because before each round I’d yell “watch this!”
— philippe iujvidin (@philyuck) August 9, 2016
22. Just keep practicing on that toast, girl.
A 19 year old won a gold medal and I still can’t make toast right
— Mercedes Fraistat (@mercedeslilya) August 6, 2016
23. “Am I an athlete now?”
I just shaved 2 seconds off my personal best time in getting skinny jeans on after a shower #Olympics2016
— Rachael (@RachaelvsWorld) August 7, 2016
24. This amazing realization about Phelps’ winnings.
Michael Phelps now has more gold medals than there are episodes of Freaks and Geeks.
— Aaron Fullerton (@AaronFullerton) August 8, 2016
25. This dude is everyone who has no idea who’s in the Olympics but watches it anyway.
I’m the Michael Phillips of having no idea who is participating in the Olympics
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) August 8, 2016
26. This guy who set some practical goals for himself.
If I work out for the next four years, when the next Olympics comes around I think I could get up from the couch on the first try.
— Just Bill (@WilliamAder) August 7, 2016
27. This woman who may not be an Olympian, but has the dedication of one.
There is a 41 year female gymnast in her 7th Olympics. The only thing I’ve been doing that long is watching Cops.
— Mary (@AnniemuMary) August 8, 2016
28. This guy who figured out the best thing about winning at the Olympics.
i bet it feels so good to win gold at the olympics cuz then for the rest of your life people gotta introduce you as an olympic gold medalist
— Shea Serrano (@SheaSerrano) August 8, 2016
29. This girl who’s about halfway to greatness…; kind of.
I’m on the Michael Phelps diet minus the swimming
— Christine Sydelko (@csydelko) August 9, 2016
30. And finally, this girl who summed up pretty much what we’re all thankful for this Olympics season.
I like when the Olympics happens because it reminds people to expect less of me.
— Danielle Grace (@danimgrace) August 8, 2016